Monday, January 1, 2001

10 Year Survivor

Earlier this year a friend of mine asked if I would be interested in going with her to find out more about a team of ladies who walked 60 miles last year in the fight against breast cancer. My first reaction was “are they crazy”! When I left the meeting I was still a bit skeptical but excited to learn more. The more we talked the more excited I got. Within a couple of weeks of that first meeting I had completed my registration for the San Francisco 3-Day 2009. I thought what better way to celebrate my 10th anniversary of being a breast cancer survivor than to be surrounded by people all striving for the same goal. My team mates are all amazing women - committed to their families, the fight against cancer, and especially to each other. What an honor it is to be a part of the Mississippi Melons, the 3-Day and the Survivor Circle. I’m not sure what to expect when I step in the Survivor Circle in San Francisco, I will have more emotions than I can possibly put into words. Hugs will be given; smiles (tons of smiles!) will be everywhere and tears by the bucket full. Past that - memories that will last a life time and thoughts of next year!

I walk because I can; I walk for those who can't
I walk for my daughter and my grand-daughters
I walk for my mother, my mother-in-law, my friends &
Their mothers, so they don't have to!