Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Mother

If you could not see that my mother has no breasts or hair....You would not know that she is battling EVIL breast cancer! I've never seen her shed a tear since her diagnosis...not one...not through chemo, surgery, radiation, more chemo and not even the news, "It has spread to your lung"! I'm sure she has cried, but not in our presence. Family is, was and always will be her reason for living!!
She has always been my rock, my support system, through thick and thin. I always knew that my mother's faith and trust in God is what made her the woman she is. Even when my mom has been at her weakest point of sickness, she has managed to keep her heart full of love and her head held high.
I knew that it was going to be a difficult task to overcome. I thought that my mother's life was going to go crashing down, but my mom persevered. Without one complaint, she went through every treatment with hope and grace.
Even though she was diagnosed with this terrible disease, my mother found the positive side of the situation. It strengthened her relationship with her family and with God. There is no other person I would like to mold my life around. No matter how old I get I will always remember the concern for, not herself, but her children, that my mother showed when she told us the news. This is what I respect the most about her. She puts others before herself even in her darkest hour
My mom is my best friend and I don't know what I would do without her. I just thank God everyday that she can be here with me, in my life. She may look different on the outside, but she is still a caring, strong, beautiful woman on the inside. They tell us not to judge a book by its cover and she is a perfect example of that. Despite what setbacks life may throw at her, she takes it with the upper hand and challenges it. She will not let this get the best of her. It's amazing that such a horrible thing can bring out the best in you. I love my Mom and will always respect her for being the amazing woman she is.
She is and always will be my truest hero.

Marianne Parsons