Monday, January 1, 2001

My Future

The Opening Ceremonies of the Breast Cancer 3-Day are so moving and inspiring that you will feel like you cannot wait to start walking that day's 20 miles and you will burst from the gate with a revived sense of strength and energy. At the end of the 3rd day, you will dredge into the holding area silently wishing for a hot bath and soft bed, but somewhere between the Victory Walk and the beginning of the Closing Ceremonies you will wish you had just one more day. As a second time Breast Cancer 3-Day walker, it is truly an honor to be carrying the "My Future" flag during the opening and closing ceremonies. But as moving as these events are, my prayer is for a future without them. When I look at my son, my step-children, my neices and the children of my friends, I see bright, beautiful individuals full of hope and potential. I will carry this flag for them, so hopefully they will never have to.

Kendra Simpson